Bachelor of Biomedical Science: Medical & Veterinary Science, University of New Hampshire
Lead Marine Safety Trainer and Northeast Area Coordinator
Monique is responsible for the development and execution of United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved marine offshore safety training courses tailored specifically to fisheries observer programs, commercial fishing industry, and other marine science groups; and the execution of onboard safety drills for commercial fishing vessels as a USCG approved Drill Conductor. As the Lead Northeast Area Coordinator, Monique is responsible for logistical planning and communications for fisheries observer services with the National Marine Fisheries Service, including but not limited to observer support, vessel call-ins, and observer deployments.
Monique has two years’ experience working as the Northeast Fisheries Observer Program Area Lead, in addition to one year of experience as a Northeast Fisheries Observer.
Professional Training & Certification Relevant Certifications
- AMSEA certified Marine Safety Instructor Trainer (2021 – Present)
- USCG approved Drill Conductor in accordance with 46 CFR 28.270 (2021 – Present)
- Protected Species Observer (2019 – Present)
- National Marine Fisheries Service Certified Electronic Monitor (2021 – Present)
- Certified Dockside Monitor (2020 – 2022)
- Northeast Fisheries Observer Program, Certified Industry Funded Scallop Observer (2019 – 2020)
Northeast Fisheries Observer Program, Certified At-Sea Fisheries Monitor (2018 – 2020)