Bachelor of Science, Liberal Arts – Excelsior College, 2005 Concentrations in History and Adult Education
Dive Safety Officer / Diving Project Manager/ Marine Safety Instructor
As a retired U.S. Navy Diver, Mark has over thirty years of experience in the commercial, military, academic and sport diving environments. Although much of his diving work in the Navy was with ships husbandry, since then he has gained experience and expertise in scientific diving and other light commercial diving work. Mark has not only qualified and certified in scuba, surface-supplied and closed-circuit rebreather diving but he has also proficiency in teaching these skills to others. As Dive Safety Officer and Diving Project Manager, Mark utilizes this vast experience and knowledge to make sure all dive projects are completed with zero mishaps.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- US Navy First Class Diver
- Qualified American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) Scientific Diver.
- Certified Open Water Scuba Instructor with Scuba Diving International (SDI).
- 40 Hour U.S. Coast Guard approved Marine Safety Instructor Training and Drill Instructor in accordance with 46 CFR 28.270
- Certified Instructor CPR, O2, AED and First Aid, Divers Alert Network (DAN).
- Poseidon, Aqualung, Cressi, HOG, Scuba Regulator Technician.
- Cylinder Training Services/ SDI, Scuba Cylinder Inspector Certified.
- US Navy Navigator and Small Boat Operator
- Current Connecticut Boating and Personal Water Craft Operator Certificate