Bachelor of Science, Biology, State University of New York at Oswego
Lead Marine Safety Trainer and Training Department Manager
Jenna is responsible for: the development and execution of USCG approved training courses tailored specifically to fisheries observer programs, commercial fishing industry, and other marine science groups; the execution of onboard safety drills for commercial fishing vessels as a USCG approved Drill Conductor; the education of vessel personnel on how to conduct proper safety drills (USCG approved Drill Conductor Trainer); the training of individuals to effectively teach marine safety training (AMSEA certified Marine Safety Instructor Trainer); conducting annual CPR/AED/First Aid courses and refresher courses (Red Cross Certified CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor).
Jenna has five years’ experience working as a Northeast Fisheries Observer Program Sector Liaison and as a Northeast Fisheries Observer Program Northeast Area Lead Assistant; in addition to 3 years of experience as a Northeast Fisheries Observer.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
- AMSEA certified Marine Safety Instructor Trainer (initial certification 2011 – present)
- AMSEA certified Marine Safety Instructor Refresher Training Course, 48 hours (2014)
- AMSEA MSIT Course Co-Instructor (2015-present)
- AMSEA MSIT Course Co-Instructor, NOAA Fisheries Observer Programs (2016)
- AMSEA MSIT Course Co-Instructor (2015)
- U.S. Coast Guard approved Drill Conductor in accordance with 46 CFR 28.270 (2011-present)
- U.S. Coast Guard approved Drill Conductor Trainer (2014-present)
- Red Cross Adult and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid certification (2017)
- Red Cross Adult and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor (2014-present)
- United States Department of Commerce Domestic Fisheries Observer: Completion Date 10/06/06
- Certified Northeast Fisheries Observer Program Trip Trainer (2008-2014)