Fathom Resources (Fathom), is a marine service provider established in 2002 with offices located in New Bedford, Massachusetts and Middletown, Rhode Island. We have grown from less than five employees, to currently employing over twenty year-round staff. Our primary service area extends throughout the northeast, but we often conduct projects in other regions of the United States.
Fathom Resources owns several vessels, ranging from small trailered outboard and inboard boats, too larger 30-plus foot vessels for operations at greater offshore distances. Fathom also operates an extensive inventory of in-house equipment.
Fathom is uniquely represented by a qualified and experienced staff of marine professionals to assist private industry and government agencies with marine data collection, commercial marine service and marine offshore safety. We strive to maintain our well-earned reputation for integrity, excellence and high-quality support, built upon the successful completion of hundreds of marine projects.
- Observer services for the Industry Funded Scallop Program
- Observer services for the Ground fish At-Sea Monitoring Program
- Protected Species Observers for construction and dredging projects
- Three-dimensional sonar imaging
- Sub-bottom videography and cable location services
- Underwater HAZMAT operations
- DOT Operator Qualified Pipeline Inspection
- Underwater ship’s husbandry
- Installation, inspection, and repair of mooring and anchoring systems
- Underwater welding and cutting
- Hyperbaric medicine expertise, hyperbaric chamber operation
- PE diver structural inspection
- Ultrasonic thickness and bathycorrometer testing
- Aquatic and sub-bottom photography and videography
- Underwater positioning, mapping, sediment sampling and habitat monitoring
On behalf of:
- Commercial fishermen
- Marine observers
- Private businesses
- Government agencies